As temperatures are dropping and flu season is approaching (winter), we advise you to get your flu vaccine in the autumn or early winter before flu starts spreading.
We are now offering the flu vaccine at our GP surgery, please check the NHS website provided below to check if you are eligible for the vaccine and then call us to book an appointment.
Flu vaccine and Covid-19 infection:
- Research shows if you get flu and covid-19 infection at the same time, you are more likely to be seriously ill. This is also because fewer people will have built natural immunity to it during the covid-19 pandemic.
- Getting vaccinated against flu therefore provides you with protection and those around you especially during covid-19, for both these serious illnesses.
- It is important to go to your vaccine appointment UNLESS you or someone you live with has symptoms of COVID-19.
Where to get the flu vaccine?
- Your GP surgery (Uxendon Crescent)
- A pharmacy offering the service
- Your midwifery service if you’re pregnant
- A hospital appointment
Who can have the flu vaccine?
To find out more about who can have the flu vaccine, visit the NHS website for more details at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/
More information about the Flu vaccine ingredients, side effects and effectiveness will be found on the same website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/
We offer other vaccines too, please call us to find out or check our website for further details.